YOUR MISSION: Grab a group of family members, friends or co-workers, and join the Eastern Illinois Foodbank to kick-off Hunger Action Month!
REPORT FOR DUTY ON: FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2018 (2-hour shifts from 10am-10pm)
2-hour repack shifts will be available from 10am until 10pm. Individuals and groups (age 10+) of up to 30 volunteers will be repacking bulk product into family size portions to be distributed to more than 160 food pantries, soup kitchens, shelters and other emergency feeding programs across EIF’s 18-county region. Please note: any volunteer 10-13 year's old must be accompanied by an adult.
KIDS' ZONE (4pm-8pm)
The Kids Zone will be open from 4-8pm for kids age 5-13 (must be accompanied by a parent). Two 2-hour shifts will be available. Kids will participate in repacking closed food product (no hairnets or gloves necessary) with a few special super hero guests! This year, families can also participate in our Pekara Cookie Station.
LOCATION: Repacking will be held at EIF (2405 North Shore Drive, Urbana)
MESS HALL: Food and drinks will be available to all repackers. Please note: food is not allowed in the repack room.
GEAR NEEDED: All volunteers who register by September 8 will be provided official repack gear - an OPERATION ORANGE t-shirt - to wear while repacking. Please wear closed-toed shoes and remove all jewelry. To comply with food safety standards any volunteer not wearing closed-toed shoes will not be able to repack.
BEFORE YOU REPACK INSTRUCTIONS:
- To make sure we don’t go over room capacity, please do not attend a repack without registering first.
- All repacks MUST wear closed-toed shoes.
- We heavily depend on volunteers to repack bulk food product so if you register and then can’t attend please remove your name from the SignUp Genius event.
- If you show any signs of cold, flu or sickness please abstain from repackaging food.
- If you have any food allergies please check with Kristen as to what will be repacked.
- Please arrive to your shift on time. Explaining repack instructions to one full group is easier on us and decreases the likelihood of repackaging/inventory errors.