Holding a Drive or Fundraiser
Welcome to your headquarters for all things food drives and fundraisers! To help ensure that volunteer food and fundraising events are successful, concurrent with the Eastern Illinois Foodbank’s branding, public image and to make best use of our limited staff resources, we ask that you submit the below third party fundraiser agreement, drive contact form and all relevant supporting documents (such as marketing materials) to EIF at least two weeks prior to your event for approval.
Picking up food & fund drive materials: We ask that food and fund drive materials be picked up by drive coordinators (or drive helpers) from EIF. The Foodbank is happy to provide collection boxes (dishpack boxes) and signage for your drive, along with other materials as appropriate. Please contact our office at 217-328-3663 if you would like to schedule a time to pick up these materials.
Be sure to download our Coordinator's Guide for tips, resources and all the information you will need to host a successful food or funds drive!
Download Our Logo: Please review our Logo Guidelines before using the EIF logo to promote your drive or event.
Horizontal EIF Logo
Vertical EIF Logo
***If you need EIF’s logo in another format, please contact us at volunteer(at)eifoodbank.org***
Qualifying for Foodbank pick up: In order to best serve our agencies and to keep our trucking schedule on time, the Foodbank is unable to pick up any food donations smaller than three full dishpack boxes. If your drive yields less than three dishpack boxes we ask that you drop your donation off during warehouse hours — 7am to 4:30pm Monday through Thursday and Friday 7am to 12:30pm. The warehouse is best equipped to handle and process your food donation. If your drive qualifies for a pick up by EIF, please contact our office to schedule a pickup at 217-328-3663.
Third Party Fundraising Agreement
A third party fundraising event is any activity by a non-affiliated group or individual, where EIF has no fiduciary responsibility and little to no staff involvement. Individuals, partnerships, corporations, organizations or any other entity however organized seeking to enter into a third-party fundraising agreement with EIF will hereafter be referred to as the Third Party Fundraiser. The Third Party Fundraiser agrees to the following when conducting third party events to benefit EIF:
- Third party events should be approved by EIF prior to the event.
- The Third Party Fundraiser agress to use EIF's logo according to logo guidelines.
- Any use of EIF’s name, logo and statistics must be approved by EIF prior to the event.
- EIF will not be responsible for expenses incurred by a third party fundraiser. All financial liabilities will be assumed by the Third Party.
- Materials, including but not limited to press releases, public service announcements, electronic marketing, posters, brochures, flyers and tickets must be approved by EIF prior to distribution.
- The Third Party Fundraiser agrees to pick up and return all materials borrowed from EIF, including food collection boxes, monetary donation canisters and unused marketing materials. It is the sole responsibility of the drive organizer to contact EIF to set up a time to pickup materials as well as timely return any borrowed or unused materials to EIF after the drive or fundraiser.
- Approved Third Party fundraising events must be referred to as “benefiting the Eastern Illinois Foodbank.” They may not be represented as “sponsored by”, “conducted on behalf”, or any similar terminology.
- Third Party fundraiser agrees to obey all federal, state and local laws and regulations in promoting and conducting their event.
- The Third Party Fundraiser may not represent to the public that it enjoys any tax exempt rights or privileges as a result of its participation in the event.