VOLUNTEER ON DAY OF GIVING!
On December 1, Day of Giving, EIF has two ways you can volunteer your time to help alleviate local hunger:
1. EIF will be collecting food and funds outside of WDWS on Neil & Windsor and County Market on Duncan & Kirby from 7:30am - 5:30pm on December 1. We want to make donating as easy as possible and will be accepting drive up donations for the 10-hour time period. Shifts will be 2-hours but volutneers are welcome to sign up for more than one shift. Warm drinks and snacks will be available. This volunteer opportunity is ideal for groups of all sizes, individuals and families. To sign up to volunteer, email Kristen at volunteer(at)eifoodbank.org.
2. EIF will be hosting a Family Repack on December 1. Two shifts are availble: 4-5:30pm and 5:30-7pm. This volunteer opportunity is open to families with children 5 year's old and older. Children MUST be accompanied by their parent. There is limited space so please do not attend without registering first. CLICK HERE to register to volunteer. Before attending please be sure to fill out a volunteer registration for yourself and your child if you haven't registered before. Parents and children over 18 should complete our online form. Parents should complete our under 18 volunteer form for children and young adults under 18 years old. Forms can emailed or turned in on repack day.
PLEASE REMEMBER BEFORE YOU REPACK:
- To make sure we don’t go over room capacity, please do not attend a repack without registering first.
- Please be sure to fill out our volunteer registration form before attending.
- We heavily depend on volunteers to repack bulk food product so if you can’t attend please delete your signup through SignUpGenius.
- If you show any signs of cold, flu or sickness please abstain from repackaging food.
- Please wear closed-toed shoes and remove all jewelry. To comply with food safety standards any volunteer not wearing closed-toed shoes will not be able to repack.
- No food or drink is allowed in the warehouse/repack room. EIF has a break room where water is available. We know it’s tempting but please do not eat the food being repacked – it’s against food safety guidelines.
- If you have any food allergies please check with Kristen as to what will be repacked.
- Please arrive on time. Explaining repack instructions to one full group is easier on us and decreases the likelihood of repackaging errors.