COVID-19 Response Updates & Information
More than 100,000 people in our community rely on us for food and due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many are at even greater risk for missing meals. As jobs are limited or lost and events cancelled, those numbers may increase.
The health and safety of our community, volunteers and staff continue to be a top priority and we are taking extra precautions around our facility to maintain social distancing and other CDC guidelines. We are working with partners such as Feeding America, food donors and vendors preparing to meet the need as necessary. Like other Foodbanks, we are altering our delivery system to fit the needs of the individual communities we serve.
Although we are taking precautions and adapting our delivery systems, the Foodbank is still doing what we’ve done from more than three decades—providing food and support for our agency partners so they can distribute food to those in need.
If You Need Food
- With a few exceptions, our network of 170 partner agencies and programs remains open. Find our list of partners here. We recommend calling before you go to confirm program hours and requirements. A list of our partners that are temporarily closed or have changed their hours can be found below.
- If you're in need of help, but haven't visited one of EIF's partners in the past year, please visit www.eifclient.com to pre-register.
How You Can Help
- While all support is appreciated, financial support allows EIF the most flexibility in handling these fluid circumstances. A donation of any amount helps us continue to respond. Please click here to donate.
- We are in need of small groups (less than 5 people) to pack boxes of food at our warehouse for our drive-through distributions. Please email Lori Franz at lfranz (at) eifoodbank.org or call 217-328-3663.
Volunteering & Events
- The safety of our staff, volunteers and community remains our highest priority. We are taking extra precautions, including increased cleaning and sanitizing of our facility, allowing staff to work from home when possible, limiting direct contact, and practicing safe distancing.
- At this time, EIF has restricted volunteer opportunities. If you are interested in learning more, please email Sophie Becker at sbecker (at) eifoodbank.org or call 217-328-3663.
Cancellations & Closures
- Effective Monday, March 30, EIF's warehouse will be open the following hours: Monday-Thursday from 7am - 3pm and Friday from 7am - 12pm
- The following EIF partners have temporarily closed or changed their hours:
- UniPlace Christian Church in Champaign, IL will be handing out bags of food for those who are in need. Anyone who is in need can stop by the church between 9am and 3pm on Monday-Thursday and ring the doorbell to ask for a sack of groceries. Please contact them for more information at 217-362-5118. The UniPlace Christian Church Community Dinner is held on Wednesday evenings from 6-7pm. They are serving to-go meals that are distributed from the church parking lot.
- Salvation Army in Bloomington, IL will only be open on Wednesdays from 10am-12pm and Mondays from 1-3pm starting July 1
- Faith UMC Senior Grocery in Champaign, IL is closed until further notice
- Danville Area Community College Food Pantry is open Monday-Thursday 7:30am - 4:30pm and Friday from 7:30am-4pm until August 24th, after which they will resume their regular hours.
- The Haven in Mattoon, IL is open and will be doing carry-out meals
- ERBA Greenup will be open Monday through Friday from 8am - 12pm and 1pm-3:30pm. You must call ahead and make an appointment to arrange for curbside pickup - please call (217) 921-5505)
- Salvation Army in Pontiac, IL will be distributing food by appointment only. Call 309-844-5005
- Willow Hill Food Pantry in Jasper County will be open from 12-2pm and will be back at their original location
- Heartland Food Pantry at Heartland Community College is open to students by appointment only. Please email pamela.sweetwood (at) heartland.edu to schedule an appointment.
- Hope Food Pantry in Hidalgo, IL is closed until further notice
- Mattoon Christian Church Food Pantry will distribute food on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 5-7pm (curbside pickup only)
- Salvation Army in Champaign, IL will be reducing hours to 9am - 2pm daily, and 9am-4pm on Thursdays. They are now allowing clients back into the building.
- St. Vincent de Paul Food Pantry in Urbana, IL will be reducing hours to Monday & Thursdays 4-5pm until further notice
- Livingston County Community Pantry in Pontiac, IL has changed their distribution hours to Mondays & Wednesdays from 1-3pm and Saturdays from 10am - 12pm until further notice
- Robinwood Food Pantry in Robinson, IL has changed their distribution hours to 4-6pm the first Thursday of the month until further notice. They will deliver to individuals who request this service (boxed dry goods only) by no later than noon on Wednesday, June 3. The request must include name, address, phone number, number in household, and the number of individuals under 18 years old. Clients can email requests to jerroldean.mikewort (at) gmail.com or call 618-544-331
- Tiger Market at Urbana High School is closed, but arrangements can be made for deliveries. Email Lucia Muldonado at lmaldonado (at) usd116.org or Denise Taylor at denise (at) ywcauofi.org
- Champaign Church of the Brethren will distribute food on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 1-3pm until further notice. Call 217-356-3852 to schedule an appointment
- Washington Square Senior Program will be by delivery only
- St Vincent de Paul Food Pantry in Champaign, IL is closed until further notice
- Monticello Christian Church remains open but has changed their hours to 10:30am - 12:30pm
- EIU Newman Food Pantry at Newman Catholic Center will distribute food to students on Mondays from 3-5:30pm
- Mattoon Community Food Pantry has temporarily suspended their Thursday distributions only until further notice. Their Monday, Wednesday & Friday distributions will continue
- Cultivadores Pantry in Rantoul, IL will be open Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 8am - 12pm by appointment only for curbside pick up until the second week of October. Call 217-369-9155 and ask for Pastor Nelson
- Windsor Road Christian Church will be open Monday-Friday from 9am - 4pm
- Christian Fellowship Food Pantry has changed their hours of operation to 12pm - 2pm
- Grace Lutheran Church will remain open every Thursday from 10am - 12pm, but they will have drive-through distributions only
- Toledo Christian Church Pantry will be open the second Tuesday of each month from 9am-12pm for curbside pickup only, but is available to anyone who requests food assistance between distributions
- St Vincent de Paul Food Pantry in Danville will be reducing their hours starting 6/1 to Thursdays from 10am - 12pm
- Robinson Food Pantry has changed their distribution hours for the month of July: they will distribute food on Mondays curbside from 3:30-4:30pm. Wednesday deliveries will start at 10am with curbside pickup from 10:30-11:30am.
- Stone Creek Food Pantry in Urbana will be open 11am - 1pm on Fridays until further notice
- Wesley Food Pantry at Wesley United Methodist Church has changed their hours to Wednesdays from 1-3pm until further notice
- Chatsworth Food Pantry will be distributing curb-side pickup only until further notice.
- Minonk Food Pantry has an emergency-only phone number for their pantry: 309-824-2844
- First Church of Christ in Georgetown has extended their hours to the first & third Thursday of the month from 4-7pm
- Fairbury Community Food Pantry will be serving clients on the third Monday of the month from 4:30-7pm
- Westfield Food Pantry will be open on the 2nd & 4th Monday of the month from 5:30-6:30pm
- St Vincent de Paul in Bloomington will be open Mondays from 9am - 2pm
Faith UMC Emergency Food Pantry will be open Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 10am-2pm
- The Edge Food Pantry in Jasper County will be open on Tuesdays from 9:30-11:30am
- Lake Land College food pantry has changed their hours to Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm
Please note, many of our partner agencies remain open but have changed their distribution model, such as offering drive-up service only, allowing a limited number of people in the facility at a time, or by appointment only. We strongly recommend contacting them ahead of time.