Health Education Captains
Alleviate hunger in eastern Illinois by being a part of our Foodmobiles! EIF needs Health Education Captains to assist in implementing our NUDGES program and educating clients on healthy food choices.
All Health Education Captains must complete an orientation and training.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set up tables and signage
- Prepare food bundles and handouts for clients
- Talk to clients throughout Foodmobile about NUDGES, healthy food options, and recipes.
- Work effectively with volunteers
- Deals tactfully and respectfully with agencies, community organizations, donors, and other volunteers to maintain effective and positive relations
- Clean up all supplies once Foodmobile has concluded
- Nutrition enthusiast
- Passion for healthy lifestyle
- Provide transportation to Foodmobiles sites
- Good communication skills
- Friendly and approachable
- Walk/stand for extended periods of time
- Lift at least 15 lbs.
- Comfortable talking with clients
- Available to volunteer approximately one Saturday Morning from 8:45 am – 12:15 pm a month in McLean, Piatt, Dewitt, Vermilion, and/or Edgar counties
If you are interested in donating your time to this position, please complete this form.